OK ETHICS & Women's Energy Network Present:
Julie Edwards, Board Chair
616 W 7th St
Thursday, October 26th
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Premium Members: Free for the number of pre-paid registrants included in membership
Recommended for 1 CPE in Ethics at the basic level.
The program is suitable at the basic level for individuals who have routine interactions with others that could potentially lead to contentious conversations. OK ETHICS makes no guarantees as it is up to the individual practitioner to determine relevance to their specific area of practice.
- We are part of the land, not owners of it
- We must extend to nature the ethical sense of responsibility that we extend to each other
- Environmental stewardship is our obligation
- Each individual can make a difference
About the Speaker:
• Board Chair of ONEOK, Inc.
• Retired in 2007 from Southern Union Company where she served as Senior Vice President Corporate Development from November 2006 to January 2007 and as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer from July 2005 to November 2006.
• Served as an executive officer of Frontier Oil Corporation, having served as Chief Financial Officer from 1994 to 2005 and as Treasurer from 1991 to 1994.
• Served as an investment banker with Smith Barney, Harris, Upham & Co., Inc. in New York and Houston, after joining the company as an associate in 1985, when she graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania with an M.B.A.
• Served as an exploration geologist in the oil industry, having earned a Bachelor of Science in Geology and Geophysics from Yale University in 1980.
• Former member of the Board of Directors of Noble Corporation, plc a U.K.-based offshore drilling contractor, where she served on the Compensation and Finance Committees and was Chair of the Nominating and Governance Committee, and a former member of the Board of Directors of NATCO Group, Inc., a privately owned oil field services and equipment manufacturing company, from 2004 until its sale to Cameron International Corporation in November 2009.
• Served on the ONEOK Board of Directors in 2004 and 2005 and was also a member of the Board of Directors of ONEOK Partners GP, L.L.C., from 2009 until the consummation of the merger transaction with ONEOK in June 2017.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Broad experience and understanding of various segments within the energy industry (exploration and production, refining and marketing, natural gas transmission, processing and distribution, production technology and contract drilling), and significant senior accounting, finance, capital markets, corporate development and management experience and expertise.
• Demonstrated leadership and has been effective in her role as immediate past chair of our Audit Committee and Corporate Governance Committee and as past Lead Independent Director, and as current Board Chair.